The Ministry of Sharing and Spreading the Word of God

fblogousccblogoocplogospiritandsongnewadventewtndivine mercycbcpfb

Wednesday, August 4, 2010


TRUSTING ONLY TO GOD

One afternoon, I was about to serve for my schedule as lay Minister, at the front gate of the church itself, as I was about to turn to, I was stopped by the Church guard, his face was mad and a bit angry, say these words “Sana mamatay na yang mga street children na yan!” hindi na magbabago yan! (I pray that those street children die!, they will not ever change!”) . Another sampaguita vendor beside conformed and uttered the same words to me. They know me that I am conducting BTB at my place, gathering the street children every Friday, and have program for them, planting Christ in their hearts. At a sudden thought, I don’t like to argue with them, I hold myself to say anything, but only said, “who’s fault?” because their statements meant to point at me.

In my mind, I have encountered so many of them already, agitating remarks about the street children, and I feel solely alone aside from my team and Father Richard in Bago Bantay in tender approach with the children. If I am not strong in faith to our God about serving Him through the face of the street children, I could have abandoned them already, but because minding that the Kingdom of God is in them, they are a treasure to me! To say, this treasure which is the kingdom of God is my secret strength in serving the street children of Bago Bantay.

1 Cor 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brothers, be firm, steadfast, always fully devoted to the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

Trusting only to God, I will not fall to the temptation of leaving the Ministry because of sarcastic comments and annoying laughs of our detractors, instead, I feel pity on them, for they miss this treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment